Aqqaint’s Community Guidelines
Last Updated [May 25th, 2018]
Aqqaint was built with the mission of bringing integrity and trust to social marketplaces. We expect each and every one of our users to treat each other with nothing less.
Aqqaint makes it easier and safer than ever to find great deals, reviews and to exchange with people you know. Every exchange requires trust. We expect our users to represent themselves truthfully and accurately, as well as the products or reviews they offer.
First let’s discuss what we expect:
- Items for sale should be accurately represented in clear, well-lit photos, and accurately represent the condition of the item. Stock photos of an item are only acceptable for recommended products and should not be used for items available for loan, barter, or sale.
- Prices should be set in good faith and at a price that you intend to accept.
- You may not spam the listing feed by posting the same item multiple times. Any attempts to circumvent our anti-spam filters will be seen as breach of these guidelines.
- Product recommendations are a great way to share the items you love with your community. However, if you have a relationship to the seller, manufacturer, or distributor of the product you must make that known in the recommendation. Be honest and clear.
Aqqaint is a community of friends and friends of friends.
It should go with out saying that we follow the Golden Rule at Aqqaint. Treat others as you want to be treated. Be honest in your communication and respectful in your conduct. We feel that buying, selling, loaning, and bartering for used goods is a great way to build community, save money, and de-clutter. However, this all requires trust and respect.
Now let’s discuss what we won’t tolerate:
- Any form of harassment, intimidation, threats, or abusive behavior
- Items that promote or support hate groups
- Items that depict or glorify violence
- Racial slurs
We also will not tolerate the sale of any stolen or items appropriated through unlawful means. So if you don’t have a right to sell it, we don’t want it. We have a zero tolerance policy for stolen goods. This also applies to counterfeit goods and replicas which are sold without the permission of the rightful owner.
Prohibited items include:
- Counterfeit goods
- Replicas that are sold without consent from the trademark owner
- Stocks and other securities, as well as other non-transferable items
- Stolen goods
- Hacking tools
- Vehicles where you are not the titleholder
We follow the law, and you should too.
It’s your responsibility to understand all laws where you live and to make sure your activity on Aqqaint is legal.
- Postings or messages that are defamatory, libelous, fraudulent or otherwise violate the law.
- Postings or messages that violate right of publicity or privacy.
- Posting or transmitting any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that’s or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment (each, a “Virus”).
- Using Aqqaint for any purpose that’s fraudulent or unlawful.
- Harvesting or collecting information about our users or directing our users to external websites or apps to harvest or collect their information.
- Interfering with or disrupting the operation of Aqqaint or our servers or networks.
- Restricting or inhibiting any other person from using Aqqaint.
- Reproducing, modifying, distributing or otherwise exploiting any portion of Aqqaint except as authorized by us.
- Reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any portion of Aqqaint.
- Systematically downloading our content.
- Unless you’re a public search engine, using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather our content.
- Asking a prospective buyer or renter questions about their sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or family status.
Below are some of the items that are prohibited from selling on Aqqaint:
This list covers most of what isn’t allowed, but we’ll remove any item we feel is harmful to the Aqqaint community.
- Adult Toys
Drugs & alcohol
- Alcoholic products
- E-cigarettes and e-juice
- Illegal Drugs
- Prescription drugs or medical devices
- Over-the-counter drugs and supplements
- Live animals (including coral)
- Skin and bones from endangered or protected species
- Catering services
- Party trays of perishable food
- Homemade jams and jellies
- Baby food and formula
- Repeated listings of the same item
- Mass messages sent without the intent of conducting an exchange or providing a review
Weapons and Other Dangerous Items
- All firearms, accessories and ammunition
- Airsoft, BB, or other novelty guns that do not clearly display an orange safety tip
- Burglary Tools
- Pesticides, tear gas, and other hazardous chemicals or controlled substances
- Lottery tickets and other sweepstakes or gambling
- Items obtained through government assistance
- Bodily fluids such as breast milk
- Used Cosmetics
If you have questions or comments about these guidelines, please contact us at:
4023 Kennett Pike, Suite 230
Wilmington, DE 19807